These Crust Free Low Carb Crust Pizzas are so good, you’ll be like, “crust? Never met her.”
Alright fine, you won’t say that, mostly because crust is fantastic. But, it’s important to keep your options open, and pizza without crust happens to be delicious.
Different, but delicious, no less.
I’m going to show you how to throw together three super easy, low carb pizzas; a Supreme Pizza, a Hawaiian Pizza, and a Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
The secret to making this whole thing work lies in three things.
- Use cauliflower as your base. Not to replace crust, you’re not making a crust here, but you need something of substance to anchor things down, or else you’re just eating oily melted cheese in a dish.
- Buy some round pie tins. I got mine for $4 each at Target. However, you can easily make this in any glass dish you have on hand. There is just something truly “pizza” feeling eating this out of a round tin, though.
- Italian seasoning. This simple but effective addition makes things taste like regular pizza.
Crust-less Supreme Pizza
I am making this Supreme Pizza with pork sausage, mushrooms, green pepper, red onion, tomatoes, and steamed cauliflower as the base. Marinara sauce, Italian Seasoning, and Mozzarella Cheese finish this off.
For each of these pizzas, the process is going to be the same.
First down, steamed cauliflower. You absolutely want this to be steamed and soft, as it won’t have enough time in the oven to cook later on.
Next, cover the cauliflower in marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
You do not have to pre-cook the veggies for this pizza, but I like things roasted and crisped up, so I toss them in the air fryer a bit.
Think of this like a lasagna.
Do another layer of sauce, some cheese, some seasoning, and then more veggies and pork.
Pop this in the oven for 20 minutes or so. You want to make sure both layers of cheese melt.
It’s basically Pizza Hut without having to immediately run to the bathroom for the next 3 hours. You’re welcome.
Crust-less Hawaiian Pizza
You listen to me, we are a pineapple on pizza household, and if you have a problem with that, then you’re wrong.
This pizza is going to be crazy similar to the supreme pizza, but I am making it with Banana Peppers, Pineapple, Red Onion and Bacon.
It’s salty (banana peppers and bacon) and sweet (pineapple).
Layer things just as before.
Cauliflower, sauce, cheese, Italian seasoning..
Then a layer of bacon, onion, banana peppers and pineapple. More sauce, cheese, and seasoning. And repeat.
If I was in a band, the name would be Hot Pineapple, and we’d be amazing.
Crust Free Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Buffalo Chicken Pizza is going to come together a bit differently.
In place of the traditional red marinara sauce, you’re going to use equal parts Ranch and Blue Cheese Dressing.
Other than that, it’s business as usual with this dish.
The trick to great buffalo chicken is to toss it with a mixture of hot sauce and melted butter.
This is one shredded chicken breast tossed with 2 tbsps of melted butter and 1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot. Grab some tongs and mix it up to coat.
Keep doing your lasagna layering thing, the layer above the cauliflower and cheese being the shredded buffalo chicken, red onion, bacon, and mushrooms.
In place of the marinara, drizzle the two dressings.
The chicken is pretty spicy, so this will balance things really nicely.
And out this spicy little number comes from the oven, all melty and ready to ruin the front of your shirt.
And it will be worth it.
- 12 oz Marinara or Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz ground Pork Sausage, cooked
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 small head of Cauliflower, chopped and steamed
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 5 Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a pan, cook and drain the ground pork, set aside.
- Chop and steam cauliflower until soft.
- Slice the red onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- OPTIONAL: Roast the veggies in the air fryer or in oven until slightly cooked through, around 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Spray oven safe baking dish or cake pan with non stick spray.
- Layer steamed cauliflower, then 4 oz of marinara, then 1 cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- The next layer is half your ground pork, and half of your vegetables. Then cover with remaining sauce, cheese, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Repeat with another layer of sausage and veggies, sprinkle again with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, until both layers of cheese have melted. Serve hot.