Roast beef, but make it a soup. With noodles.
To that end, I want to share with you my recipe for Roast Beef & Noodle Soup.
It sorta combines a whole mess of Midwest things into one pot.
Roast beef. Beef & noodles. Soup. The bowl practically screams OPE!
It’s also the absolute best way to use up leftover roast beef!
This is a full shot of the ingredients for this, including making the roast beef.
As I said, this is usually what I make the day after we have roast beef, so I always try to keep broth and noodles on hand to make the magic happen.
The beef, cabbage, onion, carrots, Golden Mushroom soup, and Beefy Onion mix all goes into the crockpot for Roast Beef.
The only difference I would make is to chop the veggies up into more bite size pieces.
I mean, it’s a soup, your mouth shouldn’t have to work that hard.
(Yes, I use a crockpot liner. I apparently burn things.. a lot. And these liners save my dishwasher tons of time. And by dishwasher, I mean Andy.)
Once your Roast Beef is ready, it’s time to edge it closer to it’s true, more delicious form: soup.
Melt some butter and sauté mushrooms in a large soup pot.
Transfer all the goodness from your crockpot into the soup pot.
Then add all the broth, bring it to a boil, and add in your noodles.
Boil about 8 minutes until soften, and then scoop it into bowls.
Your Roast Beef lives to fight another day.
- 2 lbs Chuck Pot Roast, or similar cut
- 1/2 head of Cabbage, chopped
- 1 yellow Onion, diced
- 2 lbs carrots, diced
- 16 oz Mushrooms
- (2) 32 oz Beef Broth
- 1 can Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 packet Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 24 oz frozen Egg Noodles
- Prepare the Roast Beef by adding cabbage, beef, onions, carrots, Golden Mushroom soup, and Beefy Onion mix to crock pot, as per recipe linked above. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8. Once cooked, move onto step 2.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter or oil in a large soup pot, and sauté mushrooms until soft.
- Add contents of Roast Beef crockpot, and stir to mix.
- Add 2 boxes of beef broth, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add egg noodles, and continue to boil 8-10 minutes until cooked through.