Want lasagna without having to actually make lasagna?
Putting lasagna together is time consuming, and if I can avoid handling ricotta cheese, I’m better for it.
(I mean, I like it, it just grosses me out to touch it.)
As a result, we just never eat lasagna.
I mean, once every decade or so, I might grab one of those frozen ones, but it’s not great.
It checks a box.
But, what if I told you that you could basically have lasagna, with zero of the prep, assembly mess, spreading creepy ricotta cheese, and it’s only 4 1/2 ingredients?
Say hello to Ravioli Lasagna Bake.
All the layered goodness of lasagna. None of the dumb parts.
Using refrigerated ravioli, you don’t even have to boil one single noodle to make this dish happen.
I like to use cheese ravioli, because I made a yummy meat sauce with ground beef and tomato sauce, rounding things out with tons of mozzarella cheese and some Italian seasoning.
Once I make the meat sauce, I layer the sauce, then ravioli, then cheese, and repeat until I fill the pan.
Three containers of refrigerated ravioli makes a three layer 9×13 dish of lasagna. There are no leftovers.
Don’t forget to top this bake off with Italian seasoning. It’s the exact thing you need to take this dish from “good” to “dang it, that’s good!”
- (3) 9 oz containers Refrigerated Ravioli
- (2) 24 oz jars Marinara
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 6 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Brown and drain ground beef. Add marinara sauce and stir to mix, remove from heat.
- Layer meat sauce, then single row of ravioli, then mozzarella cheese in the bottom of your baking dish, repeat layers until dish is full.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top layer of cheese.
- Bake covered in foil for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is the desired amount of melted and brown.
- Serve immediately.