Heads up, this post may contain Amazon affiliate links, and as a an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I first got my Instant Pot, three Christmases ago, it took me weeks to even so much as touch the thing.
First, it’s apparently call Instant Pot and not Insta-Pot, which seems like a total branding misstep on their part, when clearly, the better name for this thing is Insta-Pot. So right there, a confusing start.
But more importantly, I was convinced it was a bomb.
It was not, and I slowly took a liking to this clunky thing for one thing only: soup.
In the winter months soup is my religion, and as we head into spring, and the snow and chill keep their claws firmly in the arms of our midwestern spring, it’s remains a staple of my weekly diet.
I can’t even give blood anymore, you guys, I’m just all soup inside.
Curry cauliflower and butternut squash soup is a delight.
The base of this soup is always the same, and it’s just as easy to make this without the curry.
Though I don’t know why on Earth anyone would want to do that.
But hey, should you want to, this makes for a great soup to eat with bacon and shredded cheese.
Sauté up your chopped onion with butter.
Add in the cauliflower, butternut squash, chicken broth, and all your seasonings.
Give it a quick stir, put the lid on, and let this cook manual for 7 minutes.
Quick release when finished, and then get to work smoothing this soup out.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, there is no time like today to get your hands on one.
An immersion blender is a handheld stick blender than you can put right into your soup pot, and they are super affordable.
Once smooth, add in the cream cheese and heavy cream, and give it another go round with the immersion blender to get the chunks out.
I like things as velvety as the Elvis picture above my fireplace.
This is totally a stand alone soup, but I always use it as a vehicle for some veggies and more protein.
Today I tossed in some fresh spinach to wilt up, and added some leftover grilled shrimp from my fridge.
- 4 cups Cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- Small Onion, chopped
- 24 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper to taste
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup Half and Half (or milk)
- Set you Instant Pot to sauté, add butter, and sauté onion until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, butternut squash, salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry powder and chicken stock, quickly stir to mix.
- Set your Instant Pot to manual, 7 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, QUICK RELEASE the pressure.
- Use an immersion blender to smoothly blend all the cauliflower and butternut squash. Use care, soup is very hot.
- Add the cream cheese and half and half and stir to melt. (I once again use the immersion blender here, the cream cheese never properly melts for me and I like it smooth.)
- Serve as is, or with toppings.