He’s not wrong. My favorite way to serve these eggrolls is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and drizzled with caramel sauce and powdered sugar. You’ll lick the bowl.
- 3 Apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- Eggroll or Wonton wrappers
- Caramel Sauce
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Peel and dice up your apples into small pieces.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, and add apples, sugar, cinnamon, flour, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Stir to mix, and let cook around 5 minutes until slightly cooked through. (I still like a small amount of bite to my apples). Remove from heat.
- Position a wrapper in the shape of a diamond in front of you. Place a spoonful of filling from your pan in the center of an eggroll wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the filling. Continue rolling up, folding the right and left sides in, and continue rolling until you have an egg roll shape. Secure the edges with a bit of water. (See linked Instagram video for tutorial)
- Heat Avocado/Vegetable oil in a pan.
- Place the eggrolls into the hot oil, seam side down, flip when golden brown. Continue turning until all sides are golden and crispy. This should only take a couple minutes.
- Drain on paper town or on a cookie rack.
- Serve warm with caramel, powdered sugar, or vanilla ice cream (or all three!)