Everyone has that thing they bring to a party, something they are known for.
My friend Kelly knows not to come to my house without her BLT dip. Sarah makes her famous grill pizzas, Meredith is known for her famous “stoner sandwiches,” Laura is the guacamole queen, and makes Pineapple Jalapeno margaritas.
I am the curry dip girl.
My curry dip brings all the boys to the yard, and they’re like, “wait, I didn’t think I liked curry, I guess I never actually tried it, and have been operating under false assumptions of it’s taste this whole time, my pallet is now broadened, thanks, friend.”
It’s best hot. It’s good warm. It’s extra tasty eaten cold right out of the fridge after a night of drinking.
You do you, curry dip girl.
A note on ingredients. This details of this recipe are for a 9×9 square baking dish. For the life of me, I’ve never made a single serving of this dip, and always double it for parties.
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 oz Jar of Mango Chutney (Major Grey's is a popular type)
- 2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Chopped Green Onion (Reserve some green onion for garnish)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Small bag of sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix chicken, chutney, curry powder, green onion, and mayo together, put into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
3. Bake uncovered 20 minutes, until bubbling and almonds are toasted.
4. Serve with vegetables and pita.