I am addicted to grocery delivery.
There is a scene in the original Freaky Friday, with Jodi Foster, where she gets groceries delivered, and it stuck with me. Just this nostalgic vision of adulthood I always wanted. And now, I’m living it. My best 1970’s/2023 life.
But with the job of having my shopping done for me, comes the reality that I can’t always control what happens when they are out of an ingredient.
This dish started as stuffed taco shells, but thanks to a quick cheese tortellini pasta replacement, it’s now become a way easier Taco Pasta Casserole that my kids devoured.
No stuffing, just tossing everything together and popping it in the oven. The perfect meal.
- 12 oz Cheese Tortellini, boiled and drained
- 1 lb Ground Beef, browned and drained
- 10 oz Corn
- 1 can Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 3 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Garnish with tomatoes, cilantro and sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil and drain pasta. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, drain.
- To the beef add BBQ Sauce and chili powder, stir to coat.
- To the seasoned beef, add black beans, corn, and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Pour into oven safe baking dish, and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, serve immediately.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, tomato and sour cream.