Caesar salad? Good.
Caesar tortellini salad? Even…. gooder? Cold pastas are my jam.
This is the kind of easy dinner you throw together when it’s hot as balls outside, your boobs are stuck to your chest, and the thought of turning your oven on makes you want to scream.
Pasta and lettuce?
Yes, yes this is a thing we are doing now, you’re welcome. It’s the perfect balance of crisp salad and sweet pasta, and it’s meant to be eaten cold and fast, so dig in.
But about the tortellini?
The pasta you add to this salad need to be cold, but cooked. I like to buy frozen tortellini (it’s crazy cheap), boil it up the morning I’m making this salad, drain it, toss it with a tablespoon of oil oil so it doesn’t stick together, and then pop it in the fridge to cool until I need it.
If you buy refrigerated pasta, you do still need to boil it up before using it, otherwise it’s the texture of weird leather.
The key is just making sure it’s cold when you add it to the salad.
What kind of salad dressing?
I like buying refrigerated salad dressings, as a personal preference. Panaera has an awesome Caesar dressing that pairs really well with this dish.
I always go pretty light-handed to start, you can always add more dressing if you need it, but Caesar salad dressing soup is gross. Go easy.
- Refrigerated Cheese Tortellini
- 1 bag Spring Mix Salad
- 3 grilled Chicken Breast, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup Parmesean Cheese, shaved
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Prepare tortellini as per package instructions, set aside to fully cool.
- In a large bowl, combine salad, tortellini, grilled chicken, red onion, tomato, and desired Caesar salad dressing, mix to coat.
- Garnish with shaved parmesean and devour immediately.