Chicken, and mushrooms, and spinach, sure, but also cheeeeese.
Oh, and carbs.
This is a stick to your ribs in an Ohio winter kind of meal.
She’s hearty and carb-y and perfect with crusty bread and red wine.
Don’t let this line up intimidate you, this recipe is easy and can be prepped in one pan, so clean up is minimal.
Sauté the chicken, set aside.
Sauté the Portobello mushrooms, set aside.
Then in that same pan, get your roux and cheese sauce on.
Melt your butter down with huge chunks of fresh garlic, salt and pepper, and then add your flour.
Once that all bubbles up and thickens, start adding in your heavy cream and then cheeses.
Two types, ’cause we don’t mess around, dontcha know.
Once you combine the cooked pasta, chicken, mushrooms, and fresh spinach in a casserole dish, pour on that amazing cheese sauce and mix it all to combine.
Pile on more mozzarella (the higher the cheese, the closer to heaven), and into the oven it goes!
Chicken & Portobello Mushroom Penne Pasta
- 2 boneless Chicken Breast
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms
- 16 oz Penne Pasta
- 4 oz fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 2 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish
- Season water with salt, and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast into chunks, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add olive oil to a pan and sauté the chicken until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add more olive oil if needed, and sauté portobello mushrooms until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter to the pan, melt over medium heat with garlic, salt and pepper. Once melted, whisk in the flour, and continue whisking until it's combined with all the liquid. Careful not to let it burn.
- Once the flour is no longer raw, raise your heat and slowly start whisking in your heavy cream, and bring that to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in your two cheeses, and continue to whisk so that it all combines and melts.
- In a baking dish, combine pasta, chicken, fresh spinach, and mushrooms, and then top with the cheese sauce. Stir to completely combine, top with some additional shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, until cheese has melted and is bubbling. Serve immediately.
Thursday 11th of May 2023
At the beginning, I was still puzzled. Since I read your article, I have been very impressed. It has provided a lot of innovative ideas for my thesis related to gate.io. Thank u. But I still have some doubts, can you help me? Thanks.
Thursday 4th of May 2023
Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me. https://www.binance.com/zh-TC/register?ref=FIHEGIZ8
Înregistrare Binance US
Tuesday 25th of April 2023
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you.